Thursday, April 17, 2014

Should you purchase Goods from eBay.in? Read and Find out



From a long time I am seeing these type of comments on eBay India’s Facebook Page. Being an eBay user from a long time, I was disappointed with the fact that people would never write any kind of testimonial when they get the product but, they’ll surely criticize eBay service. It does happen with other e-Commerce websites as well, Hiding the reality of these websites.

Read this post and you shall be able to confidently purchase products on eBay.in

Back in November 2012, I was looking for Biker accessories while I was in Chandigarh. There was a shop where “Fox Raptor Body Armor” was listed for INR 2500.00 and “Fox Raptor Knee Guard” was listed separately for INR 2500.00 as well. I purchased simple KTM knee guards for INR 1000.00 But, when I went back to my residence and Googled those accessories and found that the same Armor was listed for nearly INR 1199.00 and Knee Guards were listed for nearly INR 699.00. I was surprised. Next day I ordered the Fox Raptor Biking Armor and payment mode was Cash On Delivery. I got a call from eBay so that they could confirm the order. It took a week for that product to be delivered.  That was my first purchase on eBay & second online purchase in my life (first was a wallet from Zovi/Inkfruit) And today, I’ve spent 1 Lakh+ INR on online shopping.

I’ve purchased a Laptop, Camera, Mobile, Apparel, Accessories, Electronics and other things from eBay. All of them were promptly delivered. I had to face difficulties with a few things but except that, everything was okay.

How do I make my purchase on eBay?


Whenever I want to purchase something, firstly I check into my inbox for some nice coupons, and sometimes I wait for one.

coupons are frequently sent by eBay and sometimes you can also get bonus coupons ( airtel online recharge gives me coupons after a successful recharge )

Then, I search for the item on eBay.  When the items are sorted with “Best Match”, you can assume that the top listings have something good about them, they are either being sold by a seller who has good feedback or many are sold or being watched.


You can also sort by “Price+Shipping : Lowest First” if you fancy lower prices.

After choosing the item, an important step is to ensure
that you’ll making a worthy purchase.


to do that, first of all check pictures of the product. There might be only one low-res photograph but that is probably fine.  







I check seller feedback first. At first glance I see that the seller is a “Top Rated” one. He Consistently receives highest buyers' ratings,Ships items quickly & Has earned a track record of excellent service. Nice, and the feedback percentage is also good. 99.6 percent. Plus, Feedback score of 1108 is also good. I’d double check by clicking Feedback score(1108 in this case) and investigate further.


From feedback profile I see that there is only one recent negative feedback and that can be neglected.

Okay, so the seller is good, but does he ship to my location? You need to know which courier services are available in your area. In my case, FedEx, FirstFlight, DTDC, IndiaPost work. You don’t really have to know if the seller is using eBay Powership.


In order to ensure that the courier will be delivered, check the item description. You may see something about shipping there. If something isn’t there, you can contact the seller in advance, asking him if he could ship via some recommended courier.



GOOD SELLER.
DELIVERS TO YOUR LOCATION.
GOOD PRICING, GOOD FEEDBACK.

These things mean that chances of arrival of your courier are 99 Percent. Sometimes bad things can happen either by seller or the courier company. This doesn’t mean you shouldn’t purchase goods online.

*Do input correct address and phone number ;)

After you place your order after applying coupons(if any), message the seller. Ask him to ship via the courier you want. In my case I’d contact the seller and tell him to ship item via DTDC/FedEx/FirstFlight.. and good sellers listen.
Be patient & you’ll receive a message about shipping details of your product. Soon you’ll get your hands on it as well.

Here are some incidents that I should share with you.

Whenever I didn’t receive an item, refund was approved but I did not get any money. The incident occurred whenever I had used my Mother’s PNB Debit Card. If the same happens with you, contact the bank. Whenever I used HDFC Debit Card, I received my refund quickly and this was satisfactory.
Once I purchased SwartzKopf Taft Hair Spray worth INR 250.00 on eBay for INR 310.00 (Shipping charges extra) . The seller didn’t ship me the correct item. Instead, he sent me Gatsby Hair Spray worth INR 150.00 . Disappointed, I reported to eBay and trust me, in this case, eBay went hard on the seller. After a few days, I received a separate can of SwartzKopf Taft. Now I have both of them.

Once I didn't receive a product because of wrong courier. Luckily it wasn't anything expensive. From that point on, I ensure the correct courier service for my purchase.
 

Once, because of the courier (which was supported), my cell phone didn't arrive at all. fortunately I had used HDFC card, hence money was refunded, although it took time.

Remember to check everything before you purchase, and everything will be good.
Happy Shopping. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment