Saturday, June 6, 2015

Rooting ASUS ZenFone 5 Lollipop V3.23.40.52_20150522_91

I lost my root access after updating my phone in order to install massive 700mb android 5.0 update, and lost my root access, tried the old rooting method that just went obsolete. After looking on the internet , I found fresh rooting methods for rooting my phone .. and ended up with a Shining USB logo on the screen ( oh well). After a few tweaks I actually roooted my phone. So I wrote down a batch script that'll do the job for you, its all packed up, weighs about 60mb & its noob friendly, too

[ROOT AT YOUR OWN RISK, I WON'T BE RESPONSIBLE IF YOU TURN YOUR PHONE INTO A PAPERWEIGHT]
TESTED ON MY ASUS ZENFONE 5 A501CG T00J WW

I did not create the su binaries, recovery images/fastboot images or anything except the root.bat file . Credit goes to its original creator. 



What you'll need : 

  1. ASUS ZenFone 5 upgraded to 5.0 Lollipop ( v3.23.40.52)
  2. adb/fastboot drivers (find link at the end of post)
  3. USB Cable & USB Debugging enabled on the phone (Google if you don't know how it's done)

Steps :

  1. Download the package. [DOWNLOAD]
  2. Unzip it and Extract it again using the UHARC tool provided.
  3. Connect your phone and execute root.bat .
  4. Wait for it,,,Win!

 Links :

  • adb drivers [download] find drivers under USB section.


    Note : I am trying to make a small update that'll patch the recovery to the latest version so that OTA updates don't give any problem. Your recovery will be downgraded to previous one.

19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh I am sorry I made a mistake there. There is only one *.bat file though and its "root.bat".
      I'll update this post.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is working for Asus T00F device?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it should. T00F and T00J have the same firmware.

      Delete
  4. not working for me, stuck at this http://i3.minus.com/jiZYFhU2gn1OY.jpg phone is in droidboot
    T00J, W7 ultimate 64bit, drivers installed

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you have a improperly installed version of fastboot.
    1. Make a copy of your "root.bat" file as "root2.bat"
    2. Open that "root2.bat" file and ,
    3. Replace the line
    fastboot flash update update.zip
    with
    .\fastboot.exe flash update update.zip
    4. Save the file and try executing it while your phone is connected running on Droidboot.

    -Alternatively, you can copy this and replace everything with these lines(remember to backup your old root.bat file)


    @echo off
    fastboot flash update update.zip
    fastboot flash fastboot droidboot.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot flash dnx dnx_fwr_ctp_a500cg.bin
    fastboot flash ifwi ifwi_ctp_a500cg.bin
    fastboot reboot
    pause >nul

    ReplyDelete
  6. still not working, after few attempt ill find another guide and work well for me ;) anyway thx

    http://zenfone-five.blogspot.sk/2015/06/root-zenfone-4-45-5-6-lollipop-official.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. can I return to the original bootloader for lollipop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you can return to original bootloader. It might be kinda tricky but you may need to make a flashable zip that'd patch the bootloader. I can't help anymore because my Zenfone is broken.

      Delete
  8. im receiving errors...becuase maybe the batch file is sending flash commands while the device is rebooting...i think maybe the devices isnt recieving it....is it ok to put pause on every booting action to make the device ready before sending flash commands?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A small pause will ensure in having less trouble. AFAIK adb will wait for device anyway.
      You can open that batch file in notepad and a cmd window side by side in the same working directory.
      From there,you can just input the commands by reading and waiting.

      Delete
  9. Help no i only have usb logo with red bar on the screen, phone dead? :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get "cannot open magic" error and "cannot open busting" error after running the root.bat. I have adb, Intel and ZenFone drivers installed btw

      Delete
    2. That's way beyond unexpected. Send me a screenshot.

      Delete
  10. could you tell me how to root asus zenfone5 a501cg

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Rishabh,

    I am having android lollipop ww 3.24. 40.87_20151222. Can this method will work to root?

    ReplyDelete